Falling In Love With Yourself: Forget Boys – It’s All About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The topic of love and dating is all around us, it is difficult to phase out when PDA is around every corner and a romantic film is released every week. But when you’re a single student, there are more important things to worry about. You can leave the stress of the opposite sex to the ones that actually have to deal with them. It may feel like a downer for some people, watching Relationship statuses change while you have no one on the horizons. BUT, consider that this could be a good thing!

A singleton has so much freedom, and it’s time you started enjoying it; obsessing over some guy is no way to spend your quality time to yourself. In the times of apparent ‘loneliness’, don’t be lonely. You have so much more opportunity to spend time with the great people in your life, surround yourself with friends and family. Focus on the things that are important to you, work hard on that degree that we sometimes forget about, immerse yourself in societies. University is the time to try new things, get involved…you can take full advantage of this opportunity, and make your student years truly amazing.

Imagine all the time you could save if boys were not on your mind. Having the freedom of single life means so many things: saving money on gifts, no conflict between your friends and boyfriend, the freedom to do as you please in life. Use this time to discover yourself (sorry for the massive cliché) and just be happy in the present, never waste it on waiting for something better to come along.

Of course, girls, I am in no way saying that being in a relationship is negative and restraining. It is great, and when it happens you’ll love it, but in the times that you’re single, love that too. Embrace the freedom; spend time with the people in your life. You have to fall in love with yourself before anyone can fall in love with you.

Photo credits: ameliashobbybox.co.uk, weheartit.com