Exeter’s Music Scene: What’s Happening This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Exeter is known for many things, picturesque countryside, quaint tea rooms even Arena nightclub (well not too sure about that one!), but it is a town with many notable counterparts. One of the sometimes less promoted areas however is what’s happening on the music scene. Her Campus Exeter has selected some of the best upcoming gigs taking place in town. 

Sunday 20th October, Great Hall

Babyshambles

Pete Doherty’s band Babyshambles are playing at our very own Great Hall this coming month. Set to be unpredictable and charming just like the man himself.

Wednesday 6th November, Exeter Phoenix

Bridge Jazz Club

For fun jazz listening this is the perfect event. Think an itchy feet feel and enjoy smooth music.

Monday 18th November, Great Hall

Gabrielle Aplin

Gabrielle Aplin will be playing songs from her new album, but is also certain to promise her popular songs, ‘Please Don’t Say You Love Me’ and ‘The Power of Love’; perfect for easy listening.

Wednesday 4th December, Cavern Club

AMBER

New band AMBER have featured on BBC Introducing and played at Reading and Leeds Festival this year- certainly a band to watch and worth listening to on their facebook or YouTube page.

Wednesday 11th December, Exeter Phoenix

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas

One of the most successful Motown groups of the 1960s, Martha Reeves and The Vandellas  were known for a more R&B sound to usual Motown hits. Classic hits include “Dancing in the Street” which all of us have heard a few times on the radio!

Image Credits: independent.ie, yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk, backseatmafia.com