Daikin (Andrew Horton)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Her Campus Exeter is mixing things up a bit. Sometimes “real” men don’t quite hit the spot, and we turn to fiction instead. So this week, we chatted to EUTCo’s The History Boys’ very own Daikin (played by third year Drama student, Andrew Horton).

Name: Daikin (Played by Andrew Horton)

Perfect Date: A girl who can show me a good time, both in conversation and in the bedroom. Ideally we’d have a nice meal and wine, talk about something like philosophy, Nietsche for example, and then go back to hers or mine and see what happens I guess. 

Ideal Girl: Brunette, about 5 foot 8 or 9. Intelligent, sexy and funny. I’m partial to a slightly older woman, not too old though.

Relationship Status: I am currently seeing my Headmaster’s secretary Fiona, not that he knows. We haven’t done it yet, but when we do I’m hoping that one of the times might be on his study floor. Like he says, one should have targets. 

Describe yourself in three words: Smart, sexy, fun. All the things I look for in a girl.

What is your reaction to being campus cutie? Yeah I’m pleasantly surprised I guess, but when you look as good as this it was only a matter of time. 

Where do you see yourself in five years time? Although it sounds pretty boring I’d be interested in being a tax lawyer, there’s lots of money there and I like money, it’s fun!

Are you a boobs, bum, or legs man? Boobs definitely boobs, for instance Fiona’s were my latest conquest. Took 3 weeks to get access to those and my goodness I am highly contented. 

What’s your motto in life? Carpe Diem or something like that. 

Any confessions you need to get off your chest? I’m up for experimenting both sides of the fence, don’t really mind whether things get complicated, complicated can be quite fun.

To see more of Daikin (and of course the man behind the character), make sure you buy tickets for EUTCo’s The History Boys: running from Wednesday 5th to Saturday 8th March in The Margaret Rooms, Queen’s Building. Tickets go on sale very soon!

Helen is a third year English student and a HCX novice. Despite her many contact hours, Helen manages to find time to exercise daily and can usually be found out running or in the gym. As a member of Exeter University Lacrosse Club, she is a keen sportswoman and therefore hugely excited to be joining the Health and Fitness section!