element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Calendarlust – The Top 5 Beauty Advent Calendars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

There’s only one thing that’s debatably better than Christmas itself, and that’s the lead up to Christmas. I know that’s a fairly controversial statement – especially if you fall into the camp that doesn’t like celebrating until the 1st of December (spoilsport) but before I’m pilloried for being unaccountably festive unacceptably early, let me enlighten you to a proverbial silver lining that’s likely to appeal to Christmas keen beans and self confessed Grinch’s alike.

Advent Calendars! But even better than that – Advent Calendars with presents in them! (I know, right, who thought waking up to chocolate every morning could get any better? But it just did!) here are the top 5 picks for the girliest advent calendars you could imagine (And please put someone in charge of locking up my bank account before it all gets too much…)

Benefit (£60)

At the top of the list is definitely this gloriously kitsch ‘Candy counted countdown’ Christmas calendar by Benefit. Boasting all – time cult favorites including ‘Dandelion’, ‘Porefessional’, ‘Posie tint’, And ‘BADgal lash’ it’s no wonder that this opulent wall candy will set you back £60. 

Ciaté (£49 from Selfridges)

Isn’t everyone a bit of a sucker for Victoriana-luxe chocolate box packaging? This Ciaté beauty in it’s ‘Mini Mani Manor’ looks just like something out of the Nutcracker, and it’s 24 mini nail polishes in the gorgeous signature bottle will have you even more Ex-ciatéd for the Christmas countdown (see what I did there?) 

Liberty London (£149)

If my heart has been left racing like Becky Bloomwoods in a shoe shop by the last two calendar candidates, this one has positively put me into cardiac arrest. I give you the Liberty Calendar – emblazoned with the iconic image of the Liberty store itself and concealing a treasure chest of delights. It may be lacking Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh – but I’d say Dyptique, Khiels and Eve Lom are a pretty fair trade, wouldn’t you?

Jo Malone (£250)

Not for the faint – of – heart when it comes to investing in your skin caviars, this stunning Jo Malone piece in it’s Georgian town house casing looks more like a work of art than an advent Calendar. At £250, though, this is one specifically for the Malon-aholics. I should know, I’ve got several at home. (Addicts, not calendars…unfortunately). 

Selfridges (£85)

I, along with anyone whose tends to find themselves with their nose pressed up against the windows of department stores the minute the Christmas displays go up, could happily spend the entire lead up to Christmas living in Selfridges. Unfortunately, I think it’s prohibited. Nonetheless you can wake up to a little bit of Selfridges magic every day between the 1st and the 24th with their enchanted spells advent Calendar, which contains a perfect blend of mini spoilies ranging from Victor Rolf to Lancome. 

Photos from:

Selfridges.com, Liberties.com, benefit.com