The Bedroom Playlist: Songs to Get You And Your Man In The Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Like to create an atmosphere in the bedroom? Her Campus are here to help with our ultimate bedroom playlist!

1. R’ Kelly – Bump ‘n’ Grind

“My mind’s telling me no…BUT MY BODY!!” Say it, R Kelly. Not only can these words be applied to most occasions in life, they’re also the opener for some of the dirtiest and most heartfelt lyrics ever.

2. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing

Her Campus challenges anyone to resist the charms of Marvin’s smooth, dulcet tones – its like being smeared all over with honey (incidentally, an activity that can be performed while listening to it).

3. Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On

The king of lurrrrrve. Marvin’s so great he’s only gone and made it onto the list twice?! This one takes a more direct approach – quite simply say to your guy, “Shall we get it on?”

4. Jeremiah – Birthday Sex

And why stop at birthdays? Branch out to deadline day, festive holidays, hell, if you’re feeling really wild maybe even a Sunday afternoon.

5. 50 Cent – Candy Shop

Here, 50 Cent employs all sorts of sophisticated literary devices. The complex euphemism, for example, that is ‘lollipop’ and of course the elusive ‘candy shop’ itself. If the song doesn’t arouse you, it’s a good listen anyway for pure educational value.

6. Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax (Don’t Do It)

We all had a bit of a shock when we realised the true hidden meaning to ‘relax, don’t do it, when you wanna go to it’. But casting adolescent traumas aside, why not take out this old-school hit, give it a bit of polish and reconsider bringing it to the bedroom for a bit of comedy?

7. Spice Girls – 2 Become 1

Because, what is lovemaking if not the joining of two souls? The merging of kindred spirits? Songs these days can be a bit crass, ignoring the trust and love that goes into being with your other half. Having Mel B and Posh harmonising sweetly in the background is just what we all need to remind ourselves of the sacred act that is being committed.

There you have it then, our top bedroom tunes to get your and your man in the mood.