This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.
Name: Amber Reed
Degree : Sports Science
Year: 3rd

How did you get into Rugby originally?

Rugby has always been in my family, My Uncle played for Scotland and the Lions and my Dad played in the Hong Kong 7s as a school boy. I used to go along with my dad and watch my brother play at Cleve RFC in Bristol and throw / kick a ball around on the sideline. I started playing when my school, Colston’s, introduced a girls 7s lunchtime Club who played at the Rosslyn Park School 7s event and it went one from there.

What do you enjoy most about Rugby?

I enjoy the challenge on and off the field. Training is hard but definitely worth it when you come together as a team and put in a good performance.

What’s the best part about being captain of EUWRFC?

I like to play a style of rugby where I lead by example but the best part of being the Captain of EUWRFC is definitely the girls in the club, they are a great bunch who work really hard, I am very proud of them all.

How does it feel to be Campus Celebrity?

Little bit of a shock and very unexpected, not sure I deserve the term ‘celebrity’.

What are your favourite things to do in Exeter?

I enjoy Exeter in the summer lots of things to do when the weather is good, the beaches for surfing aren’t too far away but a canoe to double locks from the quay is a must for everyone.

Have you any exciting plans for the future?

I’m still undecided what I want to do next year, maybe some S&C coaching, rugby coaching or teaching but in therms of rugby I am going to be looking ahead to the 2014 Women’s World Cup in France and trying to get a place in the squad for that.