This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is 3rd year English undergraduate, Roland Bray!

A 21-year-old member of the chorus, you may know Roland as “Lady Gaga Guy,” to which he has been referred since he was in his first year due to an uncanny resemblance to the performer when dressed in drag.

Roland has only been dressing in drag since starting uni; since then, many people have asked him to model in drag, which Roland loves! Even when he’s not dressed up, Roland is in high demand amongst photography students due to his unique style and looks; photographs of him have even appeared in publications such as the Sunday Times magazine!

None of this, however, has gone to Roland’s head. Well known on campus – probably due to his eye-catching, individual style – what you may not know about Roland is what a great friend he is. Funny as well as kind, I have no doubt that Roland would give his last penny to anyone who needed it, and he seems to have time for everybody; never hesitating to stop for a hug and a catch up – not matter how busy he may be.

In Roland’s case, though, ‘nice’ is by no means synonymous with ‘boring’ (this you may have guessed)! On Halloween this year, Roland made a remarkable effort, looking scarily like Miley Cyrus’ twin sister (yes, in her wrecking ball video!)…I must admit that I did a double take as I scrolled down my newsfeed!

When asked about his style inspiration, Roland stated that he is more inspired by trends and eras as opposed to particular people. However, he did note that his hair colour choice was inspired by a combination of Gaga (when she had silver hair), Patrick Woolf, and P!nk – there’s a combination you don’t hear every day!

If you want to hear more about Roland’s unique style and inspirations, as well as his top fashion and beauty tips, you can check out his blog at www.thatssoroland.blogspot.co.uk.

Olivia Burton

Exeter Cornwall