This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

(Photo cred: Christine Tromop)

Name: Enrico Artuso

Age: 20, soon to be 21 (super early Happy Birthday wishes!)

Course: First year, BA Film

Why did you choose this campus? I chose our campus because of the great facilites, the structure of the degree, and, of course, the amazing place and really welcoming people!

What’s your current favourite thing about the campus? [Deadlines are everywhere at the minute] I love our 24/7 library! And omg those new lawns… [Sunshine is everywhere too!] 

What do you do in your spare time? I’m a member of the orchestra and have played in multiple concerts with them. I’ve also been involved in some exciting film projects, including the Sense project for the Disability campaign, as well as an upcoming music video and a short film I’m directing called “Layers of Love”- (check out the facebook page here)

Dare we ask what your favourite film is? I refuse to have a favourite film. I like things that move me, but I can’t really get more specific than that; films are never perfect and you can love parts of them independently. Is Avatar a bad film because the storyline is not original? Then how can we go and accept any production of Romeo and Juliet? This is what the module on the film canon does to you… If I really need to name films, here are a few good ones I’ve seen and/or watched again: Her (Jonze, 2013); Brokeback Mountain (Lee, 2005); The Matrix (The Wachowskis, 1999); Cloud Atlas (The Wachowskis and Tykwer, 2012) and The Thin Red Line (Malick, 1998). If you have spare time, give them a chance! 

Kacey Gaylor

Exeter Cornwall '18

Hello, I'm Kacey and I'm your President for Her Campus Exeter-Cornwall! Also a third year English student at the University of Exeter's Penryn campus, so you'll find me in the back corner of the library behind a tower of books- just follow the scent of coffee...