This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

This playlist highlights different empowering songs by women music artists. This playlist helps you feel confident and feel like the kick ass woman you are. So jump up, dance and be the most fierce diva you are! 

Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson

I love this song because it’s about being independent and not needing a relationship to be satisfied with yourself. I think the message of this song is that being independent is not a bad thing and has many benefits!

Man! I feel like a woman! By Shania Twain

This song is a great song to sing and dance with your girlfriends for a night out or a karaoke song. It’s overall a feel good and happy song!

9 to 5 By Dolly Parton

This song is for my working girls, working that nine to five. This song is a great song to get you pumped up for a big event or work day, waking up or etc. Also, this song makes you feel determined to get your day started.

Lady Marmalade by Christina Agulieria, Lil Kim, Mya and Pink

This song is sung by a bunch of female artists who have different music tastes. I think it’s a unique and fun song.

Tempo By Missy Elliot (Ft. Lizzo)

This is an upbeat song for a night out or a go-to that will hype you up. This song always makes me feel like a badass woman, and who doesn’t love these two Lizzo and Missy Elliot?!  

Superwoman by Alicia Keys

This song is more of a low key song. One certain part of the song when she says “Cuz even when I am a mess I still put on a vest with an “S”  on my chest oh yes I am a superwoman.” Those words speak to me as a young woman and should speak to other women and girls. Because even when you have those days where you don’t feel like a superwoman and feel like a mess, you always have the strength to keep pushing forward and make it through the tough times.

Check out the rest of the playlist to see the other songs!

My name is Carolyn Crimmins I was raised in Westford, MA. I am currently studying Digital Media at Endicott College in Beverly MA. I am passionate about art
Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!