This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Maybe I fear not knowing the future or maybe I just have trust issues, but Pinterest has and will forever be my best friend. I know what you’re thinking, who could love an inanimate object like an app so much? The answer is me. I can. Here are all the reasons for my Pinterest obsession and why I recommend downloading it too…

Organization

When I am organized the stars align. Ok, maybe it’s not that perfect. Without a doubt, by creating lists, checking off boxes, and writing out each week, I can better organize my thoughts and most importantly, my anxiety. Pinterest allows for the creation of vision boards with ease for each user to perfectly curate their desires. From organizing meals to laying out each room in the house that isn’t yet built or signed under my name. Pinning allows me to keep track of impulsive decisions and remember the things I typically forget. Under the actual “organize” tab provided for each board that is created, users are able to select and reorder pins or group pins into sections. Each board can also be enhanced with the addition of notes in case a thought can’t be transfigured. 

Aesthetics

Arguably one of the most important attractions for users is the endless appreciation of beauty that others have generated. Anywhere from Cottagecore, to Y2K, to soft girl, users flaunt over balance, color, pattern, and personal taste. Personally, I would recommend an individual start to discover their aesthetic by considering what brings them the most pleasure. Is it books? If so, what kind of books? Fashion? If so, what particular pieces? From there it is easier to search for corresponding pins and use boards to compile various elements of your personal look. According to Cosmopolitan, the ten types of aesthetics to switch up your wardrobe vibes this year include E-girl, VSCO girl, Soft girl, Grunge, Cottagecore, Normcore, Art ho, Baddie, Dark Academia, and Light Academia. Aesthetics can help guide self care as they elicit feelings of contentment and serenity allowing us to cherish differing aspects of the world we live in.

Shopping fashion looks… or anything for that matter

The Pinterest app has allowed users to shop directly from a pin which has become a personal favorite for me. I can’t begin to remember how many times I have seen a pin and wanted the exact pair of shoes that are on the girl modeling them. Instead of endlessly Googling “black boots,” “black boots with heel,” “black boots with heel and gems,” “black boots with small heel and gold gems,” Pinterest has saved users with the “More like this” and “Shop” tabs. By scrolling up on a pin you clicked on, users can see various other pins that match the aesthetic or include elements from the visual seen elsewhere. When searching for specified items, Pinterest has allowed users to tag where to shop for the item or something very similar. No more frantic searching or profound online shopping needed. 

Versatility 

The world is your oyster when searching on the Pinterest application. There is no limit for users in terms of searching and by adding more descriptive words to your search, you’re almost guaranteed to find exactly what you had in mind. From small Etsy shops to big name store brands, users can shop any range to find the exact item they need. My personal favorite about the versatility of Pinterest is the ability to find endless flavorsome recipes or outfits to recreate when I am stressed before class.

Clare Manning

Endicott '23

thanks for reading my work, xoxo