This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

One of the reasons I love Her Campus so much is the fact that I get to write. I can use my creativity in a way I have always loved but never felt I actually could do. Whether I’m writing about books, music, food, or really anything, my inspiration always comes from somewhere and here are those places!

Pinterest

I love scrolling through Pinterest daily and whenever I see something I like, it’s game over. I immediately start thinking of things I could do with it whether, that’s writing about it or not. Find an outfit? Figure out where to buy all the pieces, where to wear it, and write about it! See a print of a song you like? Write about the song or create a playlist that encapsulates its meaning! Getting inspiration from the creativity of others can be empowering, as well as fun.

My Daily Routine

Lately, I have been trying to find happiness and uniqueness in the most mundane things. Writing about them has helped me to get some sunshine and positivity back into my life. Sharing my skincare routine or my go-to coffee order may give others ideas on how to switch up their life or validate what they do. Taking things from my life and writing about them helps me to reflect, as well as think of new things to incorporate to switch things up!

Friends

My friends and I have the weirdest conversations and a lot of times I get my inspiration from them! We talk about a lot of different topics so sometimes I’ll write about that or suggestions they give me that I think other people may be in need of. I also love writing about my friends how special they are to me each in their own way.

Other Writers

Most of the time, my inspiration to write comes from other writers, especially here on Her Campus! I love reading articles posted by other campuses and getting ideas from there! Creating my own take on topics they wrote about or even just reading to help brainstorm my own ideas is something that’s been super helpful. Getting to read other peoples’ articles also gives me a new perspective on things and exposes me to other styles of writing I may want to try!

Ultimately, you can get inspiration from anyone and anywhere, you just have to look for it!

Hi! I'm Alexandra but everyone calls me Lexi! I'm a psychology major with a minor in creative art therapy! I am this years Senior Editor for HC Endicott and I could not be more excited! I am a huge reader (my articles show that lol) and lover of Harry Styles and all things music! Enjoy!