This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

World Stop.

Because Queen B is back and better than ever.

On April 17th, Beyoncé dropped her 2018 Coachella documentary Homecoming on Netflix as well as the live album on all streaming services and the Beyhive was shook. The film not only featured Beyoncé’s two weekend performances, but also some behind the scenes footage with voice overs by the Queen herself. While I could go on and on about the perfection of this film and album, here are a few of my favorite moments from Homecoming.

The Work Ethic

Beyoncé is known for being a workaholic and Homecoming definitely proves that hard work really does pay off. She rehearsed for four months with her band and another four months rehearsing her choreography – just for a two hour set. Not only that, she did this only a few months after giving birth to her twins, Rumi & Sir. In order to get back into shape, Beyoncé went on a grueling diet, giving up carbs, dairy, sugar, meat, fish, and alcohol.

The Costumes

Beyoncé’s costumes were designed by Balmain designer Olivier Rousteing and they looked flawless *wink*. The outfits also pay homage to African American culture in America as they nod to Black Greek organizations and the Egyptian queen Nefertiti.

The Production

Beyoncé assembled one of the most dedicated, passionate, and talented teams I have ever witnessed. It is clear that her dancers and musicians put in the time and effort to execute these timeless performances into perfection. Based on the choreography, special effects, fluency, and video editing, Beyoncé’s production team helped make her Coachella performance truly groundbreaking.

The Twins & Blue Ivy

After barely posting any photos of them, Beyoncé finally gave us some footage of Rumi & Sir and they are absolutely adorable. Beyoncé also opened up about how hard her pregnancy was, revealing that she had an emergency c-section after one of her babies’ heartbeat stopped a few times. We also got to see Blue Ivy singing and dancing, following in her mother’s footsteps and preparing to become the future Queen Bee.

The Message

Instead of putting on her flower crown like everyone else, Beyoncé was determined to bring African American culture to Coachella as she is the first black woman to headline the festival in its twenty years of existence. Since she could not go to college, Beyoncé’s Coachella performance was the homecoming she never had. Beyoncé made her own homecoming on stage, which she considers home, while incorporating the culture and aesthetic of historically black colleges and universities in America. Beyoncé’s Coachella performance was not just a concert – it’s an educational inspiration that will go down in history as one of the best performances of all time.

Meghann Haley

Endicott '22

I am a marketing communications major at Endicott College!
Endicott College HC Campus Correspondent, double majoring in International Business and Marketing!