Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

My Top 5 Pet Peeves as a College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

As a stressed-out and sleep-deprived college student, it’s not a surprise that I can be on edge the majority of the time. Accordingly, since coming to college, I’ve noticed that there are so many new things that annoy me way more than maybe they actually should. Here’s a list of my top five pet peeves as a college student. How many of these can you relate to?

1. People who leave their laundry in the washer/dryer for hours after it’s done!

As someone who operates on a busy schedule, there are few times throughout the week when I will be at my dorm to get my laundry done. Therefore, it really can be aggravating when I finally have the time to do my laundry, but the washers are filled with somebody’s wet clothes that have been sitting there for over thirty minutes. If you are going to do your laundry, please set a timer and do not leave the dorm for an extended amount of time. Someone, like myself, may appreciate it more than you might even expect.

2. People who have loud conversations in the library!

I’m the type of person that needs silence to be productive. Therefore, I frequently go to the library to get my work done because it’s the one place on campus that I can depend on to be quiet. When people walk through having extremely loud and lengthy conversations, I completely lose my focus on whatever work I am trying to complete. Sometimes, I really wish everyone could remember to whisper while in a library.

3. Professors who take FOREVER to put grades in!

We all learn from our mistakes. Therefore, it can be frustrating when professors take months to grade a single paper or test. I understand that professors are very busy with their own research and personal endeavors…they really are superheroes! Yet, when a second paper is due but the first one has not yet been graded, I don’t know what expectations that specific professor has for written assignments. I appreciate when assignments are graded in a timely manner because I always know where I stand in a class and the areas that I should work to improve in.

4. People who expect for you to move over for them on the sidewalk!

Transitional periods between classes can be hectic. When students take up the entire sidewalk or walk slowly down the middle of the hallway because they are on their phones, it can make my own travels much more stressful. I hope that in the near future, we can all be more mindful of those around us as we transition from class to class.

5. When the dining hall serves breakfast for dinner!

As someone who needs to eat breakfast every single morning, it can be disappointing when breakfast is served again at dinnertime. At the end of a long day, I am never looking forward to eating scrambled eggs or hash browns; I want some delicious chicken or pasta. Although the dining hall always has plenty of options, it can be a little sad when the main meal is the same food that was already served earlier in the day.

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!