Style > Beauty

Must Have Nail Products from Someone Who is Obsessed with Doing Their Nails

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.
  • Cuticle Trimmer
    • Use these trimmers after soaking and pushing back your cuticles, then trim away the skin to clean up your nail bed.
  • Nail Clippers
    • Hopefully you know how to use nail clippers (LOL) but they are definitely a must-have for keeping your nails lookin’ fresh.
  • Nail File
    • Again, I assume you know how to file your nails, but it’s always a great idea to have a file with you at all (or almost all) times in case a nail splits or gets a rough edge.
  • Cuticle Oil
    • Use cuticle oil to moisturize your nail beds and strengthen your nails as they grow. Also a great way to prevent hangnails and dry cuticles in the colder months.
  • Nail Strengthener Clear Coat
    • Nail strengthener is a great way to keep your nails strong…duh. But it also adds a cute, sophisticated shine to your nails if you’re looking to take a break from colored polish.
  • Base & Top Coats
    • Applying a base coat to your nails is a necessity before painting the colored polish to avoid yellowing of the nails. Top coats add a delightful shine to painted nails and are a great way to make your polish last longer & prevent chipping.
  • Nail Polish (obvi)
    • My personal favorite polish brand is Essie, and I’m a huge fan of their Gel Couture polishes because I find that they last longer, shine brighter, and give the appearance of true gel polishes (no UV/LED curing necessary).
  • Nail Art Tools
    • One Christmas, I received these exact nail art dotting tools from my aunt and they were actually my favorite gift that year. I fell in love with decorating my nails with polka dots, hearts, flowers, and more. They make it so easy to add cute designs to a DIY manicure.
  • Pointed Q Tips
    • One of my top nail secrets is dipping these pointed cotton swabs into a capful of polish remover/acetone to clean up the polish around my nails. I quite literally can’t do my nails without them now.
  • Nail Polish Remover or Acetone
    • If you’re looking to remove regular polish from your nails, it’s a good idea to use a strengthening remover, like the first linked product. If you want to remove glittery polish or gel polish, 100% acetone is definitely the way to go. It can be a bit drying to the nail and skin, FYI.
  • Cotton Balls
    • I use cotton balls soaked with polish remover to take off my nail polish. I prefer jumbo cotton balls, like the ones linked.
Eva Psiakis

Endicott '25

I am a sophomore Endicott College student majoring in Marketing! I am especially interested in fashion and social media, as well as women-owned businesses.