Pumpkin Pie Side
Pumpkin Pie Side
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Mini Pumpkin Pie Pops!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Mini Pumpkin Pie Pops!

By: Olivia Villanueva

I love fall for so many reasons, from the holidays and beautiful foliage to the all pumpkin EVERYTHING! Seriously though, you name it…I guarantee there is a seasonal edition pumpkin flavor of it…and it is probably delicious. This year, my family is hosting our family Thanksgiving party at our house and I am in charge of the desserts. One of the recipes I will be making is mini pumpkin pie pops! Wow, my mouth is watering just talking about it. Here is how you can make them too!

INGREDIENTS:

• For the Mini Pumpkin Pies:

• 2 Deep Dish Frozen Pie Crusts (9 in)

• 6” Lollipop Sticks

• ½ cup Pumpkin Puree

• ¼ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

• ¼ cup Brown Sugar

• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup

• 1 Egg, beaten

• For the Glaze:

• 2-4 Tbsp Maple Syrup

• ½ cup Icing Sugar

• ½ tsp Vanilla Extract

INSTRUCTIONS

• For the Mini Pumpkin Pies:

1. Defrost the frozen pie crusts for one hour.

2. Roll pie crusts flat with a rolling pin. Then, use a pumpkin cookie cutter, or any shape you prefer, to cut out the pumpkin shapes for the pies.

3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

4. Combine the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Mix well.

5. Set out half of the pumpkin shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet.

6. Brush the beaten egg over the top of each of the entire pumpkin shapes.

7. Gently press the lollipop stick into the pie dough. Make sure there is at least 1 inch of the lollipop stick pressed into the dough.

8. Add a small spoonful of pumpkin mixture to the center of the shape, over the lollipop stick. Make sure to leave yourself space around the edges of the pumpkin shape. There should be at least a ½ inch of space around the edges, so you can seal the pumpkin shape closed.

9. Line up the other half of the pumpkin shapes on top of the bottom pumpkin shapes and the pumpkin mixture.

10. First, slightly press the edges together with your fingers and then use a fork to seal it completely.

11. Brush the top of the pumpkins with the beaten egg.

12. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.

• For the Glaze:

1. Combine the icing sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl.

2. Add the maple syrup, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until you have a slightly runny glaze.

3. Pour the glaze into a zip lock bag and seal it closed.

4. Snip off a small piece of the corner of the bag.

5. Gently squeeze and spread the glaze over the mini pumpkin pies, as desired.

ENJOY!

I am a Nursing Major at Endicott College!
Eva Graef

Endicott