This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Are you feeling in somewhat of a slump right now? Are those 6 page papers piling up? Are those midterm exams starting to stress you out? Or maybe is your organization totally all over the place right now? If this is the case, it may be time for some sort of change in your life or change in your regular routine. Not necessarily big changes, but more like little things you can do to de-stress and help you to get out of that mid-semester slump you may be in right now. No worries…here are some tips that are guaranteed to boost your mood and help you to get out of that mid-semester slump.

1. De-clutter. Declutter and get rid of any unnecessary items in your space, clean and organize your desk, fold your clothes neatly and put them into your drawers, make your bed, maybe do some laundry to have fresh clothes or do some vacuuming. By doing these things, it will for sure make you instantly feel better.

2. Make a to-do list. One of my favorite things to do! Prioritize what needs to get done first, and do assignments a little bit at a time. I like to have an “academic to-do list” which is where I list from most important/what has to get done immediately and work down until I get to what doesn’t need to get done for a few days or so. I also have a “non-academic to-do list” which is where I list things I need to get done that are not related to school, being things like buying a birthday gift for a friend or doing grocery shopping.

3. Do something that makes you happy. Whether this means going to get an iced coffee, going shopping, doing some reading or writing, or even doing your makeup, whatever it is; make sure it makes you happy!

4. Fuel your body with foods that is good for you. (Water and hot tea is calming and good for your mind and body. Try and start your day off with a healthy breakfast and eat tons of foods that will make your body feel happy and healthy. This is also a huge energy booster, which is perfect to get you out of that slump you may be feeling.)

5. Find things that inspire you. Inspirational quotes are my go-to because it is a good reminder to keep me going whenever I have bad days or feel less motivated. Something that may also help is to listen to motivational speakers on YouTube. Just by listening to someone talk can make you feel, well, more motivated! Another good thing to do is go on Spotify and listen to fun music you can jam out to. I also like listening to calm/acoustic music too, because it relaxes my mind, putting me in a better mood.

6. Go outside and get some fresh air. Exercising is never a bad idea. By doing so, it releases endorphins, also known as the happy hormone, that obviously make you feel happy, which is what we want. Just by going for a walk or doing some peaceful yoga is perfect, too. We are lucky enough to be surrounded by beaches, so take advantage of that and go for a walk and maybe even watch the sunset by yourself or bring a friend!

7. Talk about it. Call a friend or family member. Friends and family know how stressful college and just life can be, and it’s ok to talk about it. It’s ok to be in a slump or feel down, because it happens to the best of us. But it is important to not let that slump overcome us. It is important to realize that you are feeling down, but use that as motivation to work hard and get back into the routine of things.  Kick that slump in the butt and do great things!

“Stop doubting yourself. Work hard, and make it happen.”

ifunny.com

Just a girl who loves bread, exercise and traveling.