This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Spain is a small country with a lot of friendly people. The diversity of people is what makes this country beautiful. A visit to Spain is beneficial for everyone, especially if you go with your family and friends to experience its beauty. In this article, I will focus on Madrid, the capital of Spain, as I was born there and lived more than fifteen years there with my family.

Adriana Salamanca López is my name, and I recently turned twenty years old while residing in the United States. Madrid, the capital of Spain, is where I am from. If you plan on travelling to Madrid, spring or autumn are the best times to travel here in my opinion. Before your travels, I would suggest to first make a list of the attractions you want to visit. I will provide suggestions but our tastes may be different from one another. Beautiful parks like Retiro Park, museums with art galleries like the Reina Sofia Museum, and historic monuments to honor our ancestors are all located in the capital city of Madrid. I advise you to visit the 5 Towers, the Moncloa Lighthouse, which offers stunning views of the city, the Royal Theater of Madrid, and art museums like the Museo del Traje. Depending on the purpose of your trip to Madrid, if you have the time, I would also recommend visiting the magnificent Real Madrid Stadium, which has modern amenities and draws a lot of visitors each year.

Apart from the museums, there are good finger-licking gourmet restaurants such as:

1. Tora – This is a trip to Japan without leaving Madrid! At this restaurant, the chef makes sushi in the most masterful way possible. He prepares simple dishes with a mixture of flavors that bring a surprise with every bite.
  2. Oroya – This is one of the most relaxing terraces, crowned the site of Madrid Edition, as it is located in the center. The menu offers dishes of Peruvian cuisine that merge with Asian and African influences.
  3. Casa Isabella – This is a great Italian restaurant. The menu highlights the combination of classical local gastronomy with typical Italian dishes. Although, I do have to add that the star of the house is the spaghetti carbonara finished in a pecorino cheese wheel.

In conclusion, every place you go introduces you to a new culture. One of the most picturesque capitals in the world is Madrid. Madrid has a wide selection of restaurants, museums, stadiums, and expansive gardens. It is lovely to get to know a city through research. Due to Madrid’s size, there are numerous locations that I have not named. It takes a lot of time to get to know all the best places, but if you’re there, make an effort to relax, take it all in, and decompress. Enjoy the journey and wander off, attempt to have fun, and step outside of your comfort zone!

My name is Adriana Salamanca, I am spanish student doing my third year of college. I am studying Business Administration.