Style > Beauty

How I Found the Perfume That Makes me Feel Like “That Girl”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

I came to a realization that it is time for me to become “that girl”. Quite frankly I deserve it. I just recently turned twenty and I think there is no better time than now to start investing in myself. One of the things I think about when I think of the stereotype of “that girl” is a signature scent or scents (because why limit yourself). So I am going to share with you how I found my scent, and why I love it so much.

When I started my scent journey I was totally lost. I didn’t know what kind of scents I liked so perfume quizzes were entirely unhelpful, and when I tried samples in stores there were too many other smells happening that I couldn’t focus on the perfume I was sampling. So I decided to go to Sephora and buy (full disclosure my Mom paid) for a perfume sampler set. For ten dollars I got 6 designer perfume samplers, and I was able to try them in the privacy of my own home, where each smell was isolated. Sephora has so many options of perfume sampler sets to choose from so if you hate all of them in the first one you buy, never fear there are more out there for you! And at roughly ten dollars a sample pack it’s not a huge investment.

I got lucky though because in my first sampler pack I got Very Good Girl by Carolina Herrera. Let me tell you I feel like the baddest you know what when I wear this. I walk out wearing this and I know I smell good. This scent makes me feel sexy, confident, and strong which are all traits of being “that girl.” Also did I mention it comes in a high heel perfume bottle. Like come on how much better can it get?

I will say you do have to pay a pretty penny for this scent and it doesn’t last extremely long so you really do need to invest, which is why even though I love this scent I can’t for sure say my perfume journey is over. However, for now I am in love with this floral and vanilla scent (description courtesy of Sephora.com) and cannot wait to put it on my body everyday.

I hope this helped you start or continue your perfume journey!

Until next time!
Xxx,

Jillian

Jillian Paccico

Endicott '24

Hi my name is Jillian Paccico and I am a nursing student at Endicott College! I love to hang out with my friends, win my dog's affection with treats and belly rubs, and eat anything that doesn't require utensils. (Nachos are my personal favorite.) You can find me on Instagram @jpaccico_4