This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

In a few short weeks, housing selection will begin at Endicott College. Exciting? Yes. Scary? Also, yes.

It’s definitely the time to start thinking about where you want to live and who you want to live with during the upcoming fall semester. Does even just reading that sentence stress you out a little bit? If you still have yet to figure out who you’ll be living with, do not worry! As a current student at Endicott, I’ve decided to create a list of what I deem to be the most effective ways to find potential roommates before the formal housing selection process begins in April.

However, before you embark on a roommate search, I would first decide the style of housing you want or would prefer. Knowing what you are interested in will help you find others with similar preferences. Here are a few questions to ask yourself:

• Would you like the quiet of living with one other person or does the idea of living with up to eleven other people excite you?
  • Would you love to have your own kitchen or could you get by without one?
  • Could you survive with communal bathrooms? (I know I couldn’t!)
  • Does the building’s location matter to you?
  • Is price a factor to consider?

Now that you have an idea of what your preferences are, you are ready to find your roommates! Here are some ideas:

Attend Endicott’s ROommate Matching Socials

Head to Lower Callahan on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 to chat with other students who are also looking for roommates! Rising sophomores will attend from 6-7 p.m., rising juniors will attend from 7-8 p.m., and rising seniors will attend from 8-9 p.m.. Go check it out!

Post on Facebook

If you aren’t already a member, join your class’s private Facebook group! This is where I was successful in finding a roommate the summer before my freshman year. Don’t be afraid to post that you’re looking for a roommate, even if nobody has posted in the group for a little while. I would also suggest adding what you’re looking for in a roommate or where you are hoping to live. Chances are, someone else out there is also looking for someone to live with and their day will be made by seeing your post.

Post on YikYak

Before you laugh, hear me out. Since hundreds of students at Endicott check YikYak every single day, it wouldn’t hurt to post anonymously. Someone scrolling through the feed might see your need for a roommate and know of someone who is also searching for a roommate. Just getting the opportunity to make connections has the potential to help you in your search!

testF71A0665 07EC 4D3B BBCE B94C34E3BFA7?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

I wish you the best of luck in finding a roommate. You got this!

Lauren Nielson

Endicott '25

Hello! My name is Lauren and I am the Editor in Chief and Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Endicott College. I hope you enjoy reading my articles!