Wellness > Sex + Relationships

FALLing In Love: Autumn Date Ideas for You and Your Bae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

It’s fall! Time to trade out your cute summer tops for cozy flannels and sweaters. Grab your pumpkin spice flavored drink and settle in, because I am going to tell you everything you need to know about having the best fall ever with your significant other. The best part? All of these ideas cost little to no money!

1. Hiking/walking

Take a drive to your favorite state park or mountain. I’d recommend getting an early start and maybe even catch the sunrise. Try to get there around mid-morning. If this is a longer walk, make sure you have a lunch packed! Take the walk with your partner through the beautiful fall foliage, and even stop to take some cute pictures. Don’t rush the day, and take the time to just enjoy each other’s company in the peace and quiet of nature. 

2. Go visit a local fall festival

In my opinion, small town festivals/gatherings can be some of the best events. My town’s Fall Fest each year was the highlight of my fall. I recommend Googling “Fall Festivals Near Me.” Usually they are free, or may have a small entrance fee. Spend time with your partner walking around to all of the exhibits, chatting with local small businesses, and just enjoying the night. 

3. Make some fall-themed treats

If you are a couple that enjoys baking or cooking, put those skills to use! My personal favorite fall baked good is an apple muffin. Here is a recipe to anyone who might be interested: https://addapinch.com/cinnamon-apple-muffins-recipe/. You can make whatever warms your baker’s heart, and don’t be afraid to get messy! Re-create those cute Pinterest posts of couples throwing flour at each other! :) 

4. Carve pumpkins

Pumpkin season is coming soon, and I can’t wait to start decorating everything, and I mean everything, with pumpkins. Unfortunately, it’s too early for pumpkin carving, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start preparing. If you are in a long distance relationship and planning time together in October, make sure this activity is on your agenda. Use personal inspiration to create a design, but if you aren’t super creative, don’t be afraid to use Pinterest for inspiration. Make it a competition, put on fun music, and do whatever puts a spark in your relationship. 

While this list is by no means exhaustive, use it as a starting point for your love life this fall. Keep an open mind, and remember to do what is best for you. What you see on social media or even in public might not be what is best for your relationship and that’s okay. Happy Fall! :)

Alexa Flodman

Endicott '25

Hi! My name is Alexa! I am an Elementary Education major. I love music, the TV show Friends, and I have an addiction to popcorn. In my free time, I enjoy hiking, spending time at the beach, and hanging out with my friends!