This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Endicott chapter.

Want to dress up for Halloween but stuck on a college budget? No worries, there are plenty of DIY costumes that you can rock this year for Halloween.

By adding flowers to a headband, you can look just like the flower crown from the snapchat filter!

This one is super cute and very easy! Just buy an oversized yellow t-shirt and either tuck some fake leaves into a headband or your hair tie and you are all set! If you’re feeling bold, you could draw on a few accents for the pineapple!

This costume can be used for other fruits too! For example, swap out the yellow shirt for a red one and you have a strawberry! Perfect for matching with friends.

This one would be perfect for either a family, or a group of three friends! To be Mike Wazowski from Monster’s Inc., simply grab a green shirt and some felt. You can cut out the eyes and the mouth and then glue it onto the shirt. Let it dry and you have a simple and creative costume! You could do the same thing with Sully, and for Boo, all you need to do is put your hair in pigtails, a pink shirt and purple leggings!

For those of you who like a costume that takes some thought, you could go as Fifty Shades of Grey, by literally wearing fifty shades of grey. This one can be free too! Simply go to a store such as Home Depot and grab some different paint swatches of grey, preferably fifty! and attach them to a solid colored shirt. And there you go!

For those social media fanatics, here’s one you might like. If you’re really not into dressing up for Halloween, this one just has to be carried around! Simply, decorate a board like an Instagram feed, and cut out the middle so you can be a real life instagram photo! It will also make for some cute pictures!

I am a freshman nursing student at Endicott college!
Eva Graef

Endicott