Versace To Launch Two H&M Clothing Lines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

At last the fashion world is coming to their senses, as yet another designer announces a new affordable designer collection. Following in the footsteps of Missoni and the partnership with Target, Versace plans to launch two collections for H&M.

Designed by Donatella Versace herself, the Fall 2011 exclusive collection will evoke the heritage of Versace including leather, prints, color, and exclusive materials that will be available at incredible H&M prices. The Fall 2011 collection will be released in select stores on November 19th. Versace isn’t stopping at just one collection. Her pre-spring for H&M will be exclusively available for on-line sales January 19th.

So as you head home for fall break and start getting ready for the chilly
temperatures, remember that the Versace for H&M collection will be here in no time. Don’t spend hours on end at the mall quite yet, the high-end fashion world is quickly becoming attainable even for us broke college students.

What will Versace collections look like you might ask? Versace is reinterpreting their infamous classic 80’s designs. The highlights of the 40-piece women’s wear collection will be the dresses with studded leather, silk and colorful prints. What’s better than being able to buy a Versace dress at an affordable price? Being able to buy an entire Versace outfit including costume jewelry and high heels. Soon we will be able to dress like our fashion icons wearing Versace from head to toe.

Versace isn’t sticking with the basics. In addition to clothing and accessories, Versace will be the first designer for H&M to include homeware pieces in the collection.

Here’s a look at the collection’s highlights: