This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

We hear it all the time. We need to recycle. We need to reduce our water consumption. We need to cut back on animal products. But sometimes it’s hard to find ways to put these ideas into practice and navigate store aisles looking for eco-friendly products. To help you out, Her Campus Emory has come up with a list of our favorite every day Green products.

1. TOMS
We all know they are cute and comfortable, but did you know every single pair is manufactured under fair-trade practices? And that for every pair sold, a pair gets donated to a child in need? They even have a vegan-friendly line.

2. Beauty without Cruelty
BWC makes hair products, skin care essentials and make-up free of animal ingredients and animal testing. Their products are made with natural, safe ingredients that are good for the earth and good for you!

3. Method
If you’re a junior or senior responsible for cleaning your own off-campus apartment or house for the first time, check out Method and their naturally-derived, biodegradable products.

4. Scotch Naturals
Hate the strong, chemical smell of your nail polish? Turn to Scotch Naturals for polishes that are water-based, biodegradable, cruelty-free, and free of toxins and chemicals.

5. Brook’s Green Silence Running Shoe
Head over to the Woodpec for your workout in running shoes made from recycled materials and soy-based inks.

6. Buffalo Exchange
Revamp your wardrobe by taking your old clothes to a local Buffalo Exchange.  You can replace them with vintage, gently used clothing to limit waste, save money, and get unique items you won’t be able to find anywhere else.

7. Zipcar
If you live on campus, chances are, you don’t need a car on an everyday basis. Maybe just for weekend trips and grocery runs? Consider joining Zipcar or another car sharing service where you can rent a car for a few hours at a time. You can even pick up and drop off your Zip Car on campus!

8. Lush Orange Blossom Perfume
Lush sources their sandalwood from a sustainable grower in Australia instead of using illegally poached and endangered Indian sandalwood that can be found in other brands’ products.

9. Ecoist Handbags
Ecoist makes fun purses and bags out of candy wrappers, soda cans, and other products that would likely end up clogging landfills.

10. Green Karat
Turn to Green Karat for recycled jewelry that helps to limit gold mining, which has negative impacts on the air and water systems.

Where can you find these and other environmentally conscious products? Check out Amazon.com, Purecitizen.com, and Ethicalocean.com to get started.

Sources:
http://www.missmalaprop.com/popular/best-green-and-eco-friendly-products/
http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2011/10/…
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/advice/tips/ways-to-help-save-the-planet
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/natural-perfumes

Cassandra is a senior sociology major and sustainability minor at Emory University. She likes vegan cooking, yoga, bike rides, and photography.
Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).