Spike Up Your Life: How to Rock Spikes and Studs this Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Bust out the heavy metal! Heavy metal, the music? Nah, let’s leave that in the 80’s. Step into the now by adding some studs and spikes to your clothes, shoes, and accessories!

This trend can vary in degrees of edginess, which makes it easy for everyone to incorporate a little bit of hardware into their daily look. Spikes and studs transcend day-to-night. Try wearing more subtly studded pieces during the day, and then strut out in a pair of spiked, studded booties to really add a sexy punch to your nighttime look.

Go for a silky, light blouse with a studded accent! An embellished collar is unexpected and chic: a perfect mix of sugar and spice.

Draping on some spiked and studded pieces of jewelry is the sharpest way to amp up the edge of any outfit. Be playful with a subtle studded bracelet, or command some real attention with a dramatic spiked necklace. This trend is ever evolving, so depending on whatever the mood strikes – any fashionista can rock this trend to her own beat.  

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).