The Search for the Perfect Headband

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Every girl has a staple accessory that they rely on to add some flavor to their everyday wardrobe. For some girls that accessory may be a long necklace, for others it may be a pair of dangling earrings, but for me, my go-to accessory is always a headband.

A headband is perfect for when you are cramming all night for a huge midterm, and you just didn’t have enough time to run the flat iron through your hair. Don’t worry; a simple headband can solve all your hair fiascos.

This set of five headbands is perfect for any outfit. The variety of neutral colors will compliment nearly everything. These headbands can be purchased at Forever21 for only $1.50. Save your hair, while saving money. Headbands can be the perfect accessory because they are cheap, easily accessible, and go with just about anything.

Slept through your alarm again and tired of looking like a slob for your dreaded 8:30 a.m. class? Not a problem. Add some life to your outfit and try a more daring headband. It is possible to look cute even when starting your day off before the sun rises.

Ever wanted to follow the feather fad, but were too nervous to attach the feathers to your hair? You too can now become part of the trend. Instead of attaching a feather to the under layers of your hair, try wearing a feather headband. This peacock feather headband can be purchased at Kohl’s for $12.00.

Fall is here and temperatures are quickly cooling. Do you want to keep your ears warm, while still looking fashionable? Try buying a knitted headband.

Instead of wearing a hat this fall, switch it up for a change. Target sells this flower fairisle gathered headband for only $ 14.99.

Headbands can be the perfect addition to any outfit no matter how casual or dressy the attire. They can be found at nearly any clothing retailer and are an easy accessory to buy on a college budget.