New to You: Vintage Shopping in ATL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

As a Collegiette, chances are you love new clothes, trying out the latest trends, and hitting up malls with your
friends. But all that shopping often comes with a not-so-budget-friendly price tag. What’s a Collegiette to do?

An awesome option is thrift and vintage store shopping. Often thought of as an option only for the cash-strapped or hipsters (not that we’re judging either way), thrift stores are a great option for anyone looking to add some variety to their closet. As an added bonus, it’s an eco-friendly option keeping old clothes out of landfills and keeping new ones from being needlessly purchased.

Luckily, Atlanta has plenty of options for new clothes to wear to class, quirky finds perfect for themed date parties, and even some dressier options. Heading to Little Five Points, Atlanta’s alternative and indie epicenter is your best bet. Check out these awesome stores:

Rag-o-Rama
This store in Little Five Points let’s you buy, sell, or trade clothes and also carries a wide supply of costume
 jewelry and accessories. Known for being picky about what they accept from sellers and traders, you’re sure to find something unique and stylish.

The Clothing Warehouse
If you are intimidated by having to browse through tons of loosely organized racks, head to The Clothing Warehouse in Little Five. The vintage wholesaler is constantly updating their supply and shifting out what’s featured on their racks. You might find a rack of completely unique jean jackets one week and a line of quirky message tees the next.

Stefan’s Vintage Clothing
This Little Five Points store offers the most dressy options of the three and often has a decent-sized supply of awesomely 80s dresses and jewelry.

With these shops so close to campus, your wardrobe is sure to benefit!

Cassandra is a senior sociology major and sustainability minor at Emory University. She likes vegan cooking, yoga, bike rides, and photography.