Make Every Day Halloween! Wardrobe Staples and Costume Fun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Cooler weather, color-changing leaves, and the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks all mean that October has arrived. And now nearing the end of the month, we get a full week of dressing up as different celebrities and animals to celebrate Halloween! While it’s exciting and fun to experiment with costumes for Halloween, you don’t want to drop a lot of cash on an outfit you’ll only wear once this year. Don’t show up to a party dressed as yourself…instead, dress up with some of these worthy investments that you’ll love to wear well after Halloween ends. Plus, they won’t break the bank!

1. Jeffery Campbell X UO Royal Lita Boot
– Urban Outfitters
After seeing these fantastic shoes, you can’t help but fall in love. They’re perfect for fall or winter wear because of the deep plum color and are a unique piece to add to any of your evening outfits. However, they could also be the statement piece of your 80s themed Halloween outfit!

2. Cooperative Animal Beanie
– Urban Outfitters
This beanie is the perfect addition to a cuddly panda bear Halloween costume and also a cute way to keep warm throughout the rest of the chilly season.

3. Tie Necklace – Topshop
Why learn to tie a tie when you can just wear a necklace instead? You can add this eye-catching piece to a menswear-inspired look you want to rock one day, or dress up with it for Halloween. Become a little monster and imitate Lady Gaga this holiday! It’s easy once you have this tie accessory.

There are so many ways to wear everyday accessories as Halloween costume pieces. Scope out local stores and thrift markets as well, in order to find a piece you know nobody else will have! In addition, check out some of these other ideas below from Urban Outfitters, Topshop, BCBG, and Zara to create a killer costume! Happy Halloween!