Into the Interim

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

This time of year causes lots of wardrobe dilemmas in Atlanta.  It’s not yet spring – in fact, still winter – yet the thermometer is hitting 80 degrees.  What do we wear during this seasonal transition period?  An easy way out of thinking about actual outfits is to wear gym clothes around campus – sneakers, Lulu Lemon leggings or shorts, and t-shirts with sweatshirts – but don’t you ever get sick of pretending you spend all of your time at the WoodPEC?  Let’s get creative! 

A great look is pairing a simple oxford shirt with short shorts and high-laced wedge sandals – a perfect mixture of spring attire and a warm shirt that will keep you at a comfortable temperature throughout the day. 

You could also wear a floral sundress with colorful tights to make it more seasonally appropriate, or a little dress with a sweater and scarf. 

My personal favorite look is to sport cuffed jeans (the Audrey Hepburn way), flats or embellished sandals, with an oxford and a patterned belt.  Paired with a scarf as a headband, this is a sure way to look like you are strolling around Europe in the spring with a baguette in hand, rather than around Asbury Circle with your book bag. 

For this interim period, wear long on top and short on bottom, or vice versa, and make sure to add color!  It is finally warm, so celebrate! 

Pictures courtesy of  “The Sartorialist”

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).