The Guy-line: Booty Call Breakdown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Dear RLEG,

How can girls avoid becoming a booty call?
Sincerely,
Gets Drunk Dialed

Dear Gets Drunk Dialed,

As we all know, casual hook ups can be fun, especially when there are no strings attached and no awkwardness follows.  However, there is a fine, blurry line between a casual hook up and a booty call.  If you see any of the following signs, it’s time to start paying attention. This might be a good indication that you need to ease out of the “relationship.”

We only hang out at night and hook up. This can be fun for a little, but don’t let it continue for too long or that’s all it will ever be. Not to mention that late night plans get old after a while, leading to boredom for everyone involved (a recipe for disaster).

He keeps texting me “I want to see you,” and “let’s hang out later.” This is the oldest trick in the book.  Just because he wants to see you, doesn’t mean he’s interested in you; it means he’s interested in what you can give him.  Don’t fall for it!!

He only calls/texts me when he’s drunk.  This one sort of explains itself.  If you get a text from him that is only partially in English and rambles about how badly he wants you… head’s up.

He seems less then interested in public. Big red flag.  If he’s more interested in his guys than he is in you and you feel like you’re following him around aimlessly… you probably are. 

I saw him with another girl earlier and now he’s calling me. Ding ding ding.  You have become a booty call.  Ignore that text/phone call and move on.

That being said, if you are beginning to hook up with a guy and want to see it move a little further, don’t be afraid to ask him out.  It doesn’t always have to be the other way around.  Ask if he wants to meet up for lunch or coffee, something during the day so that added pressure of a late night hook up isn’t there.  If he agrees and it’s a good time, go for it!  You may have found a good thing.

-RLEG

Jessica lives her life at several speeds. She talks too fast, eats too slow and over-analyzes too much.  When she’s not telling long-winded stories, sitting alone at the dinner table, or staring off into space, Jessica loves all things creative. Screenwriter, play director and poet at age 9, songwriter and choreographer at age 16, now, at 23, all she really wants to do is write, help others, and post Instagrams.  As a social media coordinator for multiple fashion brands, and a post-grad writer for Her Campus, she gets to do just that. Jessica is a Midwestern girl from the suburbs of Chicago, but she fell in love with city living during a summer internship in the Big Apple, and now calls NYC home. Jessica loves chocolate milkshakes, dance parties, Chippewa Ranch Camp, Friends re-runs, Chuck Bass and of course, spending time with her fans (read: family and friends).