Emory Senior Alice Chen Could be Whitney Port’s Protege

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Have you heard about the BBM Challenge? Well, here’s the deal—the BBM Challenge Council (which includes
Whitney Port) are looking for individuals to become their protégé. And Emory’s Alice Chen has made it into the first round for fashion.

To enter the challenge for the Fashion category, those interested sent either a short video or photo essay to Whitney describing why they want to be her protégé. Whitney then chose contestants, and they received a free Blackberry Smartphone to help them complete assigned challenges.

There are four challenges and eight weeks for the contestants to prove to Whitney that they deserve to be her
protégé.  Contestants are currently on their first challenge and have already received brand new Blackberry Smartphones and Whitney’s personal BBM pin.   Through BBM, the contestants received word about their first challenge!  They have been asked to play the role of fashion reporter.  Contestants must go out and check the latest street fashion and identity trends they think will be popular.  Whitney wants to know what trends her contestants think will catch on. 

She asks her contestants to use their Blackberry phones to capture their stories and then either take pictures or create a video to showcase the hottest trends.  Whoever Whitney chooses, gets to spend a day in the real fashion world with Whitney! 

So learn more about the BBM Challenge, stay up to date with Whitney’s contestants, and be sure to vote for Emory University senior, Alice Chen!