Emory Art Club to host Art Lock In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Have you ever wanted to learn how to screen print, marble paper, or figure draw? Or maybe you just like free food and music. Either way now’s the time to unleash your inner artist at The Emory Art Lock In.

This Saturday the Emory Arts Club and The Stripe Society of Creative Scholars will be hosting the all night event from 9:00 p.m. until 9:00 a.m. in the Emory University Visual Arts Building.

Grace Shin, the Vice President of the Emory Arts Club said, “The event was organized mostly to promote the art club. We don’t have a lot of publicity and we wanted to make it a bigger part of the campus and we wanted more students to be involved in the visual arts.”

In addition to having free art supplies including paint, clay, and glitter to create your own masterpieces, several artists will be doing workshops throughout the evening to teach how to screen print, marble paper and figure draw. There will also be Madison’s Draw-O-Matic, tie-dye, spin art and a face-painting booth.

If you’d rather listen to art than create it, you’re in luck too. WMRE, Emory’s radio station presents musical artists Will Hutchinson, Ariel Wolpe, Cassandras (acoustic), Sam Malone, and Loudermilk and Moon.

Don’t have all night? Go for just an hour or two to be creative or to just grab a bite to eat. You can’t go wrong with a free meal. Dinner and breakfast will be served, as will The Green Bean’s snacks and coffee. However, if you’re down to pull an all-nighter, stay until 7:00 a.m. and receive a special prize!

“I think that it’s a great way for people to get involved without being in an art class, or doing something too time consuming,” Shin said. So drop by Saturday to create a work of art, learn a new skill, hear some great music or grab some cookies and coffee. Either way you’re bound to have a blast.