10 Fashion Quick-Fixes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

We’ve all had those mornings—tumbling out of bed after hitting the snooze button twice, ok maybe 3 times, and
before we know it there’s ten minutes to get to class. As easy as it would be to run across campus in your rubber ducky PJs, you wouldn’t want to lose all your dignity before it hits 10am. In a rush, it’s easy to freeze up and forget everything you’ve ever learned about style, but fear not, there are a few staple items that can save any girl from a fashion fiasco.

Scarves
You can never go wrong with a scarf. Regardless of what shirt you’re wearing underneath, a scarf adds some flair and a splash of color. Whether it’s a knit scarf for a cool fall day, or something with a little shimmer to glam up your look, it will make you look instantly put together.

A Big Necklace
Throwing on a little sparkle never hurt a girl, and a fun embellished necklace can only help if you’re stuck in a style situation. Layer the necklace over a simple top paired with jeans and take your look from frumpy to flashy within seconds.

Headband
When you don’t have time to shower or reach for the straightener, the fastest (and cutest) way to fix that bed head is a headband. Pick something with a little sparkle and sweep those locks away from your face.

Vest
With 5 minutes left to spear, and only one clean T-shirt left in your closet, a vest is the perfect solution to mix up your look. A denim vest layered on top of a basic shirt gives you a funky, laid back vibe. Make people think you were trying for that I-just-threw-this-on, effortless look.

Flashy Boots
When all else fails, draw the attention to your feet. Strutting into class in a fabulous pair of boots will give you the wake up call you need, and just the right amount of flare to fix that early morning slump.

Flats
A girl’s best friend. The perfect mix of comfort and fashion, flats never let you down. A metallic pair will add some sparkle to a simple outfit, giving you an instantly polished look.

Chunky Sweater
Anything that feels like pajamas but looks trendy is a winner in my book. A cute striped sweater layered over skinny jeans or leggings will keep you looking cozy and cute, not to mention super comfy in class.

Sweater Dress
Wiggle into some tights, throw on a sweater dress and boots, and run out the door. It’s the best way to come out of a time crunch looking fashionable and ready to take on the day.

Hair Clip
You don’t have time to worry about your hairdo when you have a paper due, so get those bangs out of your face with a fun, sparkly clip. Pin back your locks and get down to studying without spending time in the mirror.

Hat
Pick a knit beanie for a cute fall fashionista look, not to mention it will instantly tame  any hair-tastrophe you woke up to.