This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Valentine’s Day is… overwhelming. Between the dinner reservations, looking for a gift for your special someone, panicking you might be forever alone – it can be a lot!

Let me make myself clear: I have never been on a date on Valentine’s Day. I prefer Galentine’s Day. And thank goodness I haven’t because I can’t even imagine the stress I would put myself through to find the perfect outfit (that would more than likely include a leather jacket)!

Some dates like to take the nontraditional route and plan a day or night that doesn’t involve the  cliche roses and a fancy dinner shindig. Plus we’re in college, so who really has money for that?

But alas, wherever you may go, near or far, on this godforsaken day girls across the nation are screaming, “What the heck do I wear?”

*cue the Fairy Godmother*

Date #1: Cliche Fancy Dinner

The key to going all out at a fancy shmancy restaurant is dressing for my 3 C’s: comfort, class, and cupcakes (post-din din Georgetown Cupcakes, duh).

Dress: Express

Date #2: Brunch

Your girl LOVES breakfast, so if a honny wants to knock it out of the park, a bottomless mimosa brunch is the way to my heart. The best part about brunch is you just need a look that’s cute and comfy, that will also be aesthetically pleasing if you want cute pics with bae.

Dress: Zara

Cardigan: Forever 21

Date #3: Casual Dinner + a Movie

Those dates where you plan on going to bae’s and yours go-to restaurant then catching a movie after are the best. So how do you dress for a super casual movie but spice up your usual hangout spot?

Twist Top: Urban Outfitters

Jacket: Forever 21

Date #4: Stay at Home Dinner + Wine + a Movie

Making bae dinner at home, popping open a bottle of wine, and cuddling on the couch is the best low maintenance date a girl could ask for. Luckily you don’t need to dress up for that if you don’t want to…

Crop Top: Urban Outfitters

Joggers: Aerie 

Date #5: Opera House/Play/Symphony

How romantic right? More dates should be at these places! And it’s an excuse to get all dolled up.

Jumsuit: Express

Coat: Forever 21

Date #6: Ice Skating Skating  

Something comfy, something cute, and can move around (fall) in? Got it.

Poplin Shirt: Zara

Jacket: Forever 21

Date #7: Girls Night

If you’re extra like me, Valentine’s Day is Galentine’s Day. A day to celebrate being badass (single or not) women. So go all out for a girls night, throw on that LBD, and have yourself a boujie shopping trip ending with a club appearance or tequila bar outing. Treat yo self.

LBD: Forever 21

Faux Fur: Forever 21

Date #8: With Yourself

Never feel pressured you have to do something on Valentine’s Day. As I said before it can be very overwhelming. At the end of the day it’s just another materialistic holiday, but it’s also a reminder to not just love others but love yourself. So wear what you are confident in on this day whether it’s sweats, heels, leather, jeans, whatever!

Happy Valentine’s Day to you!

Jamie is a senior Communication & Media Studies major with a minor in Graphic Design at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently she is concentrating her studies in PR and digital media. She serves as the PR Director for the HerCampus Emmanuel chapter.
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!