A picture of HCE member Tory Dias
A picture of HCE member Tory Dias
Tory Dias

Senior Send-Off: Tory Dias

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Name: Victoria Dias, but most call me Tory

Major: Communications with Media Studies and Theatre Arts 

Dream Job: A best selling author/Oscar-winning actress/Animal fosterer/Horror movie Scream Queen/Director of plays and pop-punk music videos. A humble vision. 

Favorite Emmanuel Class: Prose Writing with Dr. Pope, or Advertising with Dr. Flynn. Honorable mention is Critical Theory of the Academy with Dr. McGuire.

Favorite Thing to do in Boston: Find new and exciting vegan food or hang out outside crunching leaves in the fall.

HCE: How did you get involved in Her Campus at Emmanuel?

Tory: I was always interested in writing, and after recommendations from friends in the club I decided to show up to a meeting, and then I never stopped coming.

HCE: Did you hold any positions on the E-board? If so, which? Which was your favorite?

Tory: I was on the social media team for three years and it was wonderful, definitely the right position for me!

HCE: What is your favorite HCE memory?

Tory: For sure the summer trip to New York City before my junior year. I got to spend time with some of my best friends in a wonderful city and at the conference, we got to hear speeches from incredible people like the editor of Glamour magazine (!) and Nico Tortorelli. Seriously one of the best things I’ve done. 

HCE: What is your favorite article you’ve written for HCE?

Tory: I am still really proud of the one I wrote about Net Neutrality. I did a lot of research and I think it came together really well. I also like the one I wrote about which horror villain you are based on your zodiac sign. It was my first piece ever and I think it really encapsulates my personality. Lots of my pieces are about Halloween and horror. 

HCE: Favorite Emmanuel memory?

Tory: Oh gosh. Maybe directing my show? That was an experience I had dreamed of having since I was a kid and to actually do it and have it be positively received is by far the biggest achievement of my life. That or Thornton’s Thursdays with my friends, that was such a fun tradition that I’m missing so much right now. 

HCE: Any big post-grad plans?

Tory: Probably meet and marry Timothee Chalamet. In reality I don’t really know, but I plan to travel and eventually go to grad school. I studied abroad in London and I feel like I need to get back there even just for a while. Maybe I’ll adopt another dog and move to a Nordic cottage. We’ll see! 

HCE: What would you say to your freshman self now?

Tory: Hi queen, please see a therapist, I promise it’ll be worth it! Also, stop being so hard on yourself. You’re doing your best and your friends don’t hate you, you DO just need to go to sleep (that’s a John Mulaney Joke you’ll hear in a few years). You won’t even believe it, but you did it, and you are going to be so proud of you when you grow up. 

You have been such an important part of the Her Campus at Emmanuel team! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and we will miss you so much. We cannot wait to see what the future holds for you, Tory! We know you’ll do amazing things!

Madyn is a senior at Emmanuel College and studying English with a focus in writing and communications, as well as pursuing an art history minor. She loves all things vintage, Hozier, One Direction, and her cats. She is the 2021-2022 President for the Emmanuel College chapter!
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.