kailey hinckley photo
kailey hinckley photo
Original photo by kailey hinckley

Senior Send-Off: Kailey Hinckley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

We unfortunately have to say bye to our lovely president Kailey Hinckley. She has done so much for Her Campus since her sophomore year and has led the club through so many fun and amazing events and meetings during her time as president. We definitely could not have gotten through this wacky year without her in charge.

Major: Double major in Writing, Editing, and Publishing and Communications and Media Studies

Exec Board Position: President

HCE: What is your favorite class taken at Emmanuel?

Kailey: Feminist Media Studies with Dr. Caitlin Lawson!

HCE: What was your favorite part of Her Campus?

Kailey: My favorite part of Her Campus is how creative all the women in our organization are. Everyone is so talented, and I can see how writing truly is an outlet for emotional expression for them – it’s really beautiful to see.

HCE: What is your favorite memory at EC?

Kailey: My favorite memory at EC is when I participated in an Irish Art travel course and got to go to Ireland with one of my best friends!

HCE: What was your history with HC?

Kailey: I joined Her Campus my sophomore year at Emmanuel, and I was so excited because up until then, I hadn’t had the opportunity to write creatively outside of my academics. I immediately fell in love with the club and the amazing women in it, and wanted to get as involved as I possibly could! Running for the Her Campus presidency was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, it has made the remainder of my time at Emmanuel such an enjoyable experience and I’m going to miss the amazing women in HC so much.

HCE: Favorite musician?

Kailey: Phoebe Bridgers

HCE: Favorite show?

Kailey: WandaVision

HCE: Dream job?

Kailey: Journalist

HCE: What advice would you give to your freshman self?

Kailey: I wish I could tell my freshman self that it will all be okay and that I’ll make friends, get involved, and do well in my academic career. I was so scared of failure when I first came to Emmanuel, and that feeling kept me from fully moving out of my comfort zone for so long. When I moved out of my comfort zone for the first time and began to join clubs, challenge myself academically, and make the amazing friends that I still have today, I began to enjoy college for the first time. If you are a freshman and you struggled throughout this strange first year of college, I want you to know that it does get better – I promise.

Thank you so much Kailey for taking the time to answer some of our questions. We will all miss you SO much and Her Campus definitely won’t be the same without you. Good luck on all your future endeavors. I know you’re going to do amazing things and change lives. Xoxo

Alyssa Martin

Emmanuel '22

Alyssa is currently a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in English Secondary Education. You can find her writing poetry, doing yoga, or binging one of her comfort shows.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.