This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

So the other night the Her Campus Emmanuel crew hosted a winter gala event. This was so much fun, and this event meant that I was making a playlist. For some unknown reason, I could not help but add in every song I know titled “Boyfriend.” It’s called comedy in my opinion. 

7. “Boyfriend” – COIN

Now this is given unfairly simply because I don’t know the song and added it for the theme. That is the only reason it is last on this list and I am sorry.

6. “Boyfriend” – Selena Gomez

Okay, now it gets hard because I genuinely listen to all of these songs. I do love this song, but it is not as timeless as her other songs and for that it has to be knocked down to number six. It doesn’t have the energy that the top five songs have. My girl Selena, I am sorry.

5. “Boyfriend” – Justin Bieber

This is a good one, but definitely not top three worthy. It did bring around the word “swaggy” which I have no idea if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. 

4. “Boyfriend” – Big Time Rush

A classic. Truly a masterpiece. However, it didn’t make it to top three because their other songs are SO much better! Like, c’mon, “Elevate” is just a god-tier song and so it has to be number four.

3. “Boyfriend” – Ariana Grande

Just the intro to this song is everything. I have driven around listening to this song on repeat and I am forever obsessed with it. I do have the tendency to romanticize everything so the fact that this song is kinda on that path does resonate with me.

2. “Boyfriend” – Ashlee Simpson

The fact I would scream sing this song at the ripe age of 5 says everything I need to say.

1. “Boyfriend” – Dove Cameron

No one should be surprised by this. This song is so powerful and absolutely iconic to no end. This song deserves to be here on the ranking and I will not be taking critiques on this.

This feels like my most controversial article I have written yet. 

Alyssa Martin

Emmanuel '22

Alyssa is currently a senior at Emmanuel College with a major in English Secondary Education. You can find her writing poetry, doing yoga, or binging one of her comfort shows.