Mcdonaldsfries
Mcdonaldsfries
Alex Frank / Spoon

My Rankings On Different Types of French Fries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Ah, french fries, a legendary side dish good for… well… pretty much anything. Over the years, different varieties of fries have emerged, changing the french fry world forever. The only question is which types of fries are the best? Well, here are my rankings on the types of fries I have tried (so far).

1. Waffle Fries: The waffle shape is such a fun twist! It’s a great alternative to waffles for a chicken and waffles dish (if you don’t have any waffles). The shape is also great in the sense that it looks like a bunch of miniature fries being stacked on each other in a checkerboard manner.
  2. Steak Fries: Those big thick cuts and pepper make the visual very appealing. They are very soft and easy to cut if necessary. Plus, they are excellent for dipping into sauces.
  3. Sweet Potato Fries: I don’t really have a huge opinion on them, but the color is so unique considering how orange they are. Plus, they’re quite soft, which I like.
  4. Crinkle-Cut Fries: I’m sure I have had these somewhere, but like regular fries, not much is special about them except for the shape, which I am a fan of.
  5. Regular Fries: These are just regular fries with nothing special about them, but they’re better than some other options.
  6. Curly Fries: The curly shape definitely throws me off, and I think curly fries have more of a spice to them than other fries. I don’t know about everyone else, but I definitely avoid them as much as I can.
  7. Home Fries: Are you sure we should call these things fries? They’re basically potato wedges cut into small chunks. Where did the term “home fries” come from anyway? At least they taste nice.

So, here it is, my rankings and thoughts on the types of fries I’ve had. Now, in reality, there is no right or wrong answer. This is just my personal opinion.

Her Campus Emmanuel