This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

For this week’s article I decided to share my favorite fall songs! I’ve held many of these songs close to my heart since high school, and every year during this time I love to go back and relisten to them. They have brought me so much warmth and comfort over the years. 

1. “Drunk on Halloween” — The Wallows

My all time favorite fall song! Utter perfection!

2. “1979 (Remastered)” — The Smashing Pumpkins 

A staple song for all fall playlists. 

3. “What’s the Point” — Faye Webster 

Lately, I’ve been listening to a lot of Faye Webster’s work. “What’s the Point” and “I Know You” are perfect rainy day fall songs for when you just want to cozy up.

4. “Pumpkin” — The Regrettes 

Jack-o’-Lanterns are a staple for halloween, and the song Pumpkin belongs in a fall playlist. 

5. “Velleity” — Arms Akimbo

This song is one of those songs that I have a  significant memory associated with. Every year when the leaves begin to change and the air gets crisp I have to play this song in the car. 

6. “I Love You So” — The Walters 

This is another one of those sadder fall songs. Similar to Faye Webster, The Walters’ have a lot of work that gives the same feeling. 

7. “Featherstone” — The Paper Kites 

For those who love indie and folk, the whole Woodland EP is a great fall selection. “Featherstone” and “Bloom” are my favorites on the album.

8.  “Say It Ain’t So” — Calpurnia 

Calpurnia, which features Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things, has a similar sound to some of The Neighbourhood’s songs. Their cover of “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer has been in my fall playlist since I made it in 2018!

9. “Ghosting” — Mother Mother

Recently, I’ve been listening to a lot of Mother Mother’s work. “Ghosting” is a great song, and the lyrics are very spooky themed. 

10. “OTB” – Racoma 

Another new song that I’ve added  not only to my monthly playlist, but my fall playlist as well! A perfect song to drive around and look at the changing leaves.

Treasurer of Emmanuel College's Her Campus chapter where I oversee all the finances of the chapter. Outside of Her Campus, I am apart of the school's Chess Club and currently studying Political Science. In my free time I enjoy going to lifting and all other things exercise-related! I love going on runs with my dog and going for walks along the Charles River.