I Still Cannot Believe I’m Graduating College: Final Thoughts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

“It’s the oldest story in the world. One day you’re 17 and planning for someday. And then quietly and without you ever really noticing, someday is today. And then someday is yesterday. And this is your life”-Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill

It is still crazy to think that on May 13, I will be walking across that stage and saying goodbye to my undergraduate life here at Emmanuel College. Everything has flown by so quick, even to think that 5 years ago I was 17 deciding where to go to college is crazy. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that I arrived at move-in day and was navigating my life. Even being 22 is so strange, so many times I have told people that I am still 21 when they ask how old I am. I am looking forward to graduating, but am also feeling bittersweet. 

Four years went by faster than I would have thought; the idea of working a 9-5 soon and not coming back in the fall still sounds so strange to me. I am excited about not having to be graded on homework anymore, the stress of classes in general, and having to balance everything, but in a way I will miss the chaos. I love so many of my professors that I have had over the years, the people I have met who have become some of my best friends, and the fun events here on campus. My apartment this year has been the best ever as well; I will never get over the stunning view of downtown and the Prudential building from being on the 11th floor!

There are moments where I wish I could just hit pause, rewind or even just stay in a certain point of time, but all great things must come to an end. I have been a part of Her Campus all four years of my time here and a few other club e-boards like Dance Marathon and Saints Giving Back. Being a part of these places on campus have created so many amazing experiences that have brought some of the best people into my life and have shaped me into the person I am today. 

As I continue to plan my story and figure out where I am going after graduating and the future ahead, I just want to stay in the moment and enjoy every minute that I have left. It is nerve racking jumping into the unknown with this new part of my 20s, but it is also another exciting beginning to navigate. I am ultimately thankful for my time here with the growth I have experienced and the support of my loving family and friends. I honestly do not know how I would have made it without any of them. Now I am 22 planning for someday and am looking forward to that adventure, whatever it may be!

Hi my name is Karly and I am in my Senior Year at Emmanuel College. I am studying Communications with a Minor in Marketing and Writing. I plan to someday work in marketing and live in Boston. In my free time I love to walk around the city, read, get coffee, see my friends and family. For a fun fact, I have my Cosmetology License!