Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer With Notebooks
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Wellness

How to Destress During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

As we roll into finals season, it’s important to have options on ways to destress during this time. 

1. Take a nap.

If your eyelids are feeling heavy, chances are you’re due for a quick snooze! Experts suggest taking a 15-30 minute nap in order to wake up feeling energized. 

1. Go to the gym. 

Whether it’s lifting weights or practicing yoga, going to the gym and moving your body is a great way to destress. This is also a great way to  give your eyes a rest from the blue light of your laptop.

1. Drink water and eat a snack. 

Even though you may be the busiest you’ve ever been, you’re not too busy to fuel your body! Drinking lots of water and making sure you have enough food in your body is important to ensure your brain can function as healthily as possible. 

1. Meditate.

If you don’t trust yourself to take a nap and wake up to do work, try a guided meditation. I personally think it’s like a nap but more engaging, so you’re less likely to go into REM sleep. By focusing on your breathing and listening to what the meditation teacher says, it’ll be harder for you to fully fall asleep. 

1. Watch TV. 

Whether it’s your comfort show or movie, Gossip Girl or Legally Blonde, a little TV watching can go a long way. After working your brain for hours on end, giving it a break and just watch a show or movie you’ve already seen is a great way to destress and relax. 

There are many more ways to destress, like spending time with friends or doing a hobby, but these are some things that I find work best for me. During stressful times like these it’s important for your well being to take a break, even if you think you don’t deserve or need one. 

Good luck on finals!!

Treasurer of Emmanuel College's Her Campus chapter where I oversee all the finances of the chapter. Outside of Her Campus, I am apart of the school's Chess Club and currently studying Political Science. In my free time I enjoy going to lifting and all other things exercise-related! I love going on runs with my dog and going for walks along the Charles River.