This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

There are many places to visit around the world, but below I listed just a few. Many places including Italy, Greece, France and Florida have places to visit and see. Not only do I have on my bucket list to visit these places but I actually traveled to Key West, Florida and I share my experiences in this article! I want to share a bit more about these places because they are not only places that would give you a reason to go but because they are places that are spectacular in so many ways. Below you will find some of the places I have mentioned. 

Florence, Italy

A great place to visit and quite a wealthy area where many art galleries are. This is where many tourists go and is also a place to see famous artist’s work such as Michelangelo. People go here to see many different forms of art and architecture. You can learn about the Renaissance and how it came to be if you get to visit this place. From spectacular buildings to other pieces of art, you would be missing out if you cannot visit this place. Although this place is busy and has tourists, it is not as bad as some other places in Italy. There are so many scenic places to visit and spots when you go here. From going to grab some of Florence, Italy’s favorite foods to sitting and watching kids play on the greens—you really cannot take it all in at once. There is so much art to be discovered and learned about from different painters to fashion designers to jewelers you can learn so much.  

Santorini, Greece

Although I have never traveled to Santorini, Greece, it is on my bucket list. From the Greek island sea views to the famous volcano visits, there is so much to view and learn. If I were to go there, I would want to visit the islands and sit by the beach! It makes me relaxed just thinking about how calming the ocean waves would be as the sun beams down on you. They are also known well for their wine. Because of the hot and dry climate, the grapes they produce are perfect for wine tasting. Although not everyone can drink wine, everyone—including kids—can enjoy the sunsets and the beach views as well as the domes and castles. If I were to go there, I would take a boat tour of different sites including famous volcanoes and given the chance I would go swimming. I would like to walk along paths that give me the best view which means I could travel to Fira to Oia. It is known to be a great experience.

Champagne, France

Did you know that hillsides, houses and cellars made it into the World Heritage List? Well, it did! There are streets that would have beautiful houses to see. There are so many cute French towns and vineyards. This is a great way to get away and enjoy a vacation. If you are not interested in champagne tours, maybe this isn’t the place to visit! They are well known for champagne houses and producers. But, there is the Cathedral of Notre-Dame and the Fort de la Pompelle. Although these are just recommendations, they are places you can visit if you do not know where to go. You could see the scenery and learn the history of such sites.

Key West, Florida

I visited this place! It is very touristy, but the weather in the summer is prime time. The water is so warm and clear! From snorkeling to visiting the Truman Little White House and the Ernest Hemingway home (including adorable cats), you can see the historic town. This town also offers beautiful gardens and cute shops. My family and I visited the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory and it was so beautiful to see this. From more than several exotic types of birds in this conservatory, you can learn about these different exotic species and how they came about. My favorite restaurant was Moondog Café… so many different food options to choose from!

I find these places spectacular and you can probably see what I mean after reading them! There are so many places that you can go but with my advice, I suggest going to these places. I can only see positive aspects when typing these places up. You should try booking a vacation to Florence, Santorini, Champagne or Key West… you won’t regret it!

Hannah Le

Emmanuel '24

Hannah Le is a Writing, Editing and Publishing major at Emmanuel College in Boston.