This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

When Tyler, the Creator released his album Call Me If You Get Lost in June of 2021, I knew I had to experience it live. Every album from him is something different yet you know it’s him because of that classic Tyler sound. I could talk forever about the production of this particular album and the incredible story-telling throughout which is why it was so special to attend his show at the DCU Center in Worcester, Massachusetts. 

My first stop upon arrival at the venue was the merchandise table. With his Golf Wang line infamously being pricey, I was prepared to drop a decent amount of money. He had a variety of items, some belonging to the Golf line and others pertaining to the CMIYGL theme. I was a little disappointed at the tour specific shirts and sweatshirts considering there was only one design in very few colors. Did I still spend money on one of each? Of course! However, I did skip out on the $535 Golf bomber jacket…

While waiting in the incredibly long line, I could hear his first opener Teezo Touchdown beginning the show. I caught the end and I must say he was rather intense, but it certainly pulled you in and prepared you for the night. Next was Vince Staples, whose production was surprisingly small compared to Teezo. He was not as exciting as I had hoped for, but I could be biased since he skipped over his old stuff that I prefer over the new stuff. Plus, neither could even come close to the last opener, Kali Uchis. I had high expectations for her performance and she exceeded them by a landslide. She looked absolutely amazing, sounded angelic, and you could tell her dancers were extremely well-trained (coming from a former dancer who can see how difficult some of the movements were). The setlist was well chosen because the whole crowd was dancing and I didn’t know how it could get any louder. But, of course, it did. 

Almost three hours after the concert originally started, Tyler, the Creator finally came out in the staple Rolls Royce. It was so impressive how well the stage was designed to accommodate all the references throughout the album. The production of the show matched perfectly with the vibe of the album, a luxurious type of feel. It was evident how much thought went into every aspect, which as a fan I always appreciate. The setlist was also well curated, going through almost every era of Tyler’s career from Goblin, Wolf, Flower Boy, and his Grammy award winning album Igor (I do not know why he tragically skipped over Cherry Bomb). There was never a dull moment and the energy remained unmatched throughout. Another thing to note was that it was essentially a comedy show. Tyler has a personality of gold that created some very memorable moments. I love when concerts feel personal and the artist takes time to communicate with the crowd because it makes all the difference. 

Let’s just say I am suffering from extreme post concert depression and may never be the same after this once in a lifetime experience. I have been to over twenty concerts and festivals combined, and I can say with confidence that the CMIYGL tour is in my top three. I appreciate when concerts have a good flow and this was not choppy in the slightest. The intensity of the overall performance and emotional connection he has with his fans (even if he is known for being mean to them) created an unforgettable night. If you have the chance, I whole-heartedly recommend you go see him live because there is truly nothing quite like it. 

Molly O'Connor

Emmanuel '25

Student at Emmanuel College who loves pop culture.