The new school year is finally upon us, which means it’s time to settle in for the rest of the semester. For those returning to campus, here are some signs that you mean business when it comes to moving in.
1. You and your roommate have matching decorations.
You’ve had all summer to plan this out, and this isn’t the time for playing games.
2. You really know your way around a Command hook.
Whether it’s for hanging hair styling tools or hiding cables, you’ve discovered many hidden uses for these clever devices. Basically everything in your dorm is hanging somewhere on the wall.
3. You fought to claim a shower cubby.
You know how much of a pain it is to lug that shower caddy back and forth to the bathroom, so that cubby is really your best friend.
4. You have a super-secret food stash. . .
On long nights of studying, the late night hunger becomes urgent. You need this in your dorm to keep yourself sane.
5. . . .And a pocket-sized kitchen to feed your addiction.
Anything that fits in a drawer goes: blenders, rice cookers, hot pots– they’re all going to help you get real creative with your meals.
6. You have decor for every season.
The Halloween decorations are already up, cornucopias are under your bed, and a Christmas tree is eagerly waiting in your closet.
7. Your dorm is designed to be a maximum comfort zone.
You’ve got futons for lounging, bean bag chairs for visiting, and blackout curtains for uninterrupted sleep. In other words, you’ve got the coziest hang.
With all these under your belt, you are surely ready for the new semester. Be sure to study hard and have fun!