5 Podcasts You Should Listen To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

This summer I discovered podcasts. It’s not like I’m the first person to ever realize that podcasts are dope. Whenever I went looking for something to listen to as I worked on homework, or cleaned, I always went to music. But, when I started working a 9-to-5 desk job, I wanted to spread my wings a little. As a funny turn of events, I listened to my first podcast because some of the speakers at Her Conference this past year had their own podcast. Listening to the LadyGang makes me laugh out loud sometimes. From there, I found more which made time fly by. Here are my top five favorite podcasts at the moment.

1. LadyGang

Image Source: theladygang.com

The LadyGang podcast is my absolute favorite. These women are hilariously spreading news of empowered women all over the podcast world every Tuesday and Thursday. The group is made of Keltie Knight, Becca Tobin, and Jac Vanek. If you need any more convincing to listen to these ladies, just take a look at their wicked cool Instagrams. Also, they have a show on E!, which is as equally amazing.

2. Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe

Image Source: podcastone.com

Kaitlyn Bristowe brings new guests on every Tuesday to discuss everything from her weekly confessional booth to what their best Dad joke is. Kaitlyn is relatable, fun, and always says something to surprise me. Kaitlyn takes her experience as The Bachelorette and tells her audience what it’s really like to go through that journey.

3. The Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast

Image Source: Instagram via @ashleyiaco

Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous Podcast lets me keep up with my Bachelor seasons. The perfect pairing of past Bachelor, Ben Higgins, and my personal favorite Bachelor contestant, Ashley Iaconetti talk all things Bachelor, all the time. Their guests are usually whoever had the biggest role on The Bachelor/The Bachelorette/Bachelor in Paradise the previous night.

4. I Don’t Get It

Image Source: idontgetit.libsyn.com

Ashley Iaconetti is back, but with her sister, Lauren Iaconetti and friend Naz Perez. The three ladies talk about all the things they don’t get. For the most part, their confusion has to do with dating. They bring on different guests to talk about their issues with dating. You’re bound to find something relatable in every episode.

5. Armchair Expert

Image Source: armchairexpertpod.com

I know this one sounds surprising because all the other podcasts are very girly and aimed towards young women, but I absolutely love Dax Shepard’s podcast Armchair Expert. Shepard, along with his co-host Monica, bring a new guest onto the show and interview them. Each episode is between an hour and a half and two hours. I am entertained for the entire show. I would recommend this podcast for when you’re looking to learn something, as opposed to just be entertained.

You should definitely try out some of these podcasts, soon. I’m sure you’ll fall head-over-heels for the podcast life. They’re great when you’re doing busy work and want something in the background. The absolute best place for a podcast is your commute. Try it next time. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Ashley is a senior studying English Communications and Media Studies at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently, she acts as the President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Emmanuel chapter. In the past, she acted as the Public Relations Director for the 2017-2018 year. She loves all things PR and in her spare time enjoys watching cute ads on Youtube.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.