5 Harry Potter Things to Do When You’re Feeling Magical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

I, like many of you reading this, consider myself a Potterhead. I grew up loving the books and movies and still can’t let it go. Sometimes I find myself craving to connect with Harry and the rest of the golden trio, and if that’s you too, here is a list of things you can do to feel a bit more magical.

1. Butterbeer Frappuccino

Politely ask your barista to add three pumps of caramel syrup and three pumps of toffee nut syrup to your vanilla bean frappuccino. Enjoy your magical drink while reading your favorite HP book!

2. Celebrate Harry’s Birthday

July 31st should basically be a national holiday. To celebrate, invite some of your friends over, have Harry’s cake, and watch the first movie. For those of you above 21, make some potion themed cocktails (the rest of us can have mocktails) and relish in the sweetness of Harry turning 11. I’m not crying you are.

3. Watch “A Very Potter Musical”

Tune into Starkid’s reimagining of the franchise in their musical comedy that will having you laughing your socks off. Give them to Dobby after, if you can spare them.

4. Have a Harry Potter Movie Marathon.

It takes about 19 hours to watch all eight movies, but it can definitely be done if you have the willpower. Put on some pajamas, start early, and let the good times roll.

5. Reread the Books (again)

For a fun twist, listen to the audiobooks! It feels so great to have the books read to you, and there truly is nothing more special than reading the books. They will always be special. Always.

Harry Potter is so significant to so many of us, and there is nothing wrong with anting a little more magic in your life. If anyone ever tries to bring you down, just remember these wise words from Albus Dumbledor: “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

Victoria Dias

Emmanuel '20

Theater and Communications Major. Dog Lover. Amateur Writer. 
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.