This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Now more than ever, it can be so easy to feel lonely. I had no idea what to do with my time at the beginning of quarantine. There was only so much I could do revolving around myself before I wanted to look forward to something else. For me, a great way to combine self-care and giving back is to volunteer for non-profits. Physically being together isn’t always possible right now, but these websites allow you to give what you can, when you can, all from the comfort of your home!

Glamour Gals #MyDearFriend Campaign 

I found this organization through Instagram. Each season, the GlamourGal Foundation asks people around the country to mail hand-made cards to a senior center within their network. It’s a great way to make art if you don’t always have time, and perfect if you’re looking for something to do with your loved ones.

Color A Smile 

Adult coloring pages can be super relaxing, but if you’re like me, your coloring books are sitting unused. With Color A Smile, you can print out a few pages and send them to kids in need. You get to color without all of the clutter!

Doing Good Together 

This website has lots of fun projects to do with everyone in your life. Whether that be with a younger cousin, a grandparent, or your friends, there’s a resource for every occasion. I plan on using this for future Zoom parties, and hopefully this inspires you to do something different, too.

Love for Our Elders 

I’ve been taking care of my grandmother a lot over the past year, and it made me realize just how important it is for her to feel loved during this time. Love for Our Elders lets you write a letter to an isolated senior or send them a video message of support. You could also use this as an opportunity to reconnect with the elders in your life!

Take a Survey, Donate a Meal 

This last one is quick and easy. It’s exactly as the title says: take a 3-minute survey that educates you about food insecurity, and by the end of it, a meal will be donated on your behalf. Perfect for someone to do in-between classes and work.

And that’s the end of my list! I hope you find some of these websites useful, or at the very least, are motivated to spend some quality time with those you’re closest with. ♥

Christina Puleo

Emmanuel '23

Christina is a Junior at Emmanuel College majoring in Writing, Editing & Publishing and minoring in Communications. When she's not reading or making art, you can find her taking long walks while listening to her favorite podcasts "Rotten Mango" and "Dark History."
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.