Where You Wish You Were on Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Spring break is in the air—even if spring itself really isn’t—and that means it’s time for Pina Coladas and bikinis and secret romances surrounded by tiki huts and coral reefs. At least, that’s what we all dream about. If you’re lucky you probably scored a ticket back home—where you can go back to sleeping in your own bed, eating real food, and probably doing dishes. Hey, you can’t get everything you want. And while going home sounds like paradise in and of itself, it’s nothing like the adventures we read about in books or see on T.V. Everyone always wishes they were somewhere else, and this spring break, you probably do too. So we’ve made a nice little list of all the places we wish we were this week—even if we were lucky enough to escape this Boston freeze.

Disney World

Because Disney truly is a magical place.

Paris, France

If you’ve never wanted to pull a Jack Dawson at the top of the Eiffel Tower, you’re lying

Santorini, Greece

Breathtakingly beautiful. Too beautiful for words.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Who doesn’t want to have a night like the guys in The Hangover?

Cancun, Mexico

We can see ourselves dipping our feet into this water, sunglasses on and a smoothie in our hand. And now you can too.

Miami, Florida

South Beach, duh.

Bahamas

Everyone needs to escape to a tropical paradise at least once in their lives.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Never has a giant rock looked so stunning.

New Orleans, Louisiana

Mardi Gras. Need we say more?

We’re dying a little inside just looking at those photos. Because—seriously? Why aren’t we sunbathing and meeting hot foreign boys and drinking out of coconuts? And then reality sets in. We’ve got more important things to do, like write that short story, or finish that screenplay, or memorize those lines. We’re busy. And we’re poor, that too. But that doesn’t mean a girl can’t dream right? And there’s always next year!

Emerson contributor