Wearable St. Patrick’s Day Make-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, so it’s time to figure out how you’ll incorporate a pop of green into your look. If you want to look festive without drawing a cheesy shamrock on your face, here’s the perfect alternative.

The first thing you’re going to do is prime your eyelids. Since we will be using a bright color, it’s important to have a good base so the pigment is more vibrant and stays on longer. I used Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. This may seem like an unnecessary step, but trust me, its worth it!

Next, take a bright green eye shadow (I used Wet N’ Wild’s Color Icon Palette in Pride) and put it on your lid. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but only go up to your crease. Then blend out the edges to prevent harsh lines. Never forget to blend, BLEND, BLEND!

To add some more dimension, add a layer of green shimmer on top of the matte green. After that, use a dark forest green (I used a color from ELF’s Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette) to enhance the crease. Again, this doesn’t have to be perfect, but try not to go too far above the crease (this isn’t Fenway Park, you don’t wanna look like the Green Monster!) Once you’ve done that, blend again.

To add an extra pop of color, line your waterline and lash line with a color of your choice. I chose gold because all leprechauns love gold right?? I used Mac’s Hello Kitty Compact.

Next, line your lashes (add a wing for a more dramatic effect) and apply mascara.

Add a neutral lip and flushed cheeks, and bada boom, you have mastered a wearable St. Patrick’s Day look. Remember, be safe and have a fantastic holiday!

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.