Life > Experiences

Valentine’s Day in Boston is All Month Long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The sharp winter air became a little softer with the beginning of the month of love! Pink and red hearts decorate the windows of many cafes in the city, and people are securing their Valentine’s Day dates. Whether you prefer Valentine’s Day or Galentine’s, find a way to celebrate love this month; it’s better to love love than to loathe it.

February has an extra day this year so that’s one more day to celebrate what we’re all after: love! If you’re looking for a way to celebrate, whether it’s with a special someone, a friend or the true love of your life–yourself, here are some lovely events celebrating love all month long. 

Blind Date with a Book

Calling all book lovers! Take yourself on a date at the BPL and indulge in some self care. Go on a Blind Date with a Book at the Boston Public Library all month long. Put your favorite playlist on and walk right down Boylston Street. Maybe grab a latte and a croissant on the way there. Make a whole day out of showing yourself some love!

Books in the New & Novel section are wrapped up and include a short description of what’s inside. This is a perfect match for anyone who never knows what book to read next or for people that need incentive to get reading. Once you’ve found your book-mate, check it out and cozy up in the library. 

Central Perk

Have you tried Central Perk yet? If not, now is the time. If you’ve already been, then you’re due for another visit. Central Perk is offering a Valentine’s Day special of buy one, get one 50% on all drinks from February 6 to 15. Go grab a drink with your best friends or your lobster (get it?). Or stop in after your blind date at the BPL and buy two drinks for yourself – one for now and one for later. 

Date Night at Ciao Roma

It’s Date Night at Ciao Roma! Every Monday, Ciao Roma in the North End offers a date night special. Reserve a table for dinner for two on the decadent second floor and enjoy a three course meal for only $59. That’s right, it’s an appetizer, main course and dessert for two for only $59. If you’re still hungry after dinner, head over to Mike’s Pastry for a cannoli or Caffe Vittoria for a cappuccino. After your divine outing, stop by Christopher Columbus Park near the waterfront to see the heart shaped light display and take some cute pictures. 

What a great way to make a Monday better! Since Valentine’s Day isn’t on a Monday, you can find the Monday night that works best for you and your date. Bring a significant other or a friend and treat yourself. You deserve it!

These Valentine’s dates pair nicely with chocolate and roses! Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating you and the people you love and now you can do that all month long. Whether you go on one of these dates or not, show yourself some love this month. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Madison Lucchesi is a freshman journalism student at Emerson College. She is a writer for WEBN Boston News. During her free time, she enjoys dancing, writing, reading and baking goodies for her loved ones and friends. She has a cat named Kitty. You can find her writing in SPINE, Community Literacy Journal, TeenBlurb Magazine and on Instagram @eclipsingentries.