Things To Do In Boston If You Haven’t Already

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston is a historical city. It is home to the first public park and the home of Paul Revere. There is so much to do ranging from visiting the Boston Common to shopping at Faneuil Hall. Living in Boston can make you feel like you know the whole city and did every single tourist thing there is to do. Here are some fun things to do in Boston if you haven’t already.

Go to Lolly’s Bakery

Lolly’s Bakery is located at 158 Bennington St in East Boston. It is a Latin American bakery established in 1977. Lolly’s offers a variety of fresh bread and pastries. This is a great place to visit to get pastries for breakfast with your friends and know that the food you are eating was made that very same day. 

Explore Brattle Bookshop

The Brattle Bookshop is located on 9 West St in downtown Boston. It is one of the oldest and largest used book stores in the United States. At the bookshop, you can sell your books and shop from their large variety of books. There are book racks outside with a randomized assortment of books where you can find hidden gems at a low cost.

Visit the Cambridge Center Roof Garden

The Cambridge Center Roof garden has some great views of the city. Located at 325 Main St in Cambridge. The garden is probably the best spot in the city to read a good book or to meditate. There are picnic tables and benches all over the garden. Perfect for a picnic date or some great quality time with friends and family.

Feast your eyes on the Skinny House

In the north end of Boston there is an extremely narrow four story house. Legend has it, two brothers inherited land from their late father. While one brother was away, the other built a large home, leaving little property left for his brother. When the brother returned, he built “skinny house” to spite his brother by blocking his sunlight. Skinny house is fun to visit with a big group of friends to laugh about how unusual the home is. 

If you haven’t explored the city much hopefully these places can inspire you to go out and explore. There are so many mesmerizing places all over Boston. Instead of viewing the world through instagram stories and snapchat go out and see the world. You might end up finding something you like!

Ashly Ibarra

Emerson '22

Ashly Ibarra is a sophomore journalism major with a passion for lifestyle and general news stories
Emerson contributor